Rob Balmer’s distinguished executive career has afforded him an acute understanding of the importance of effective leadership and sales cultures within organisations. Having worked in the professional services, information technology and commercial building sectors since the late 1980’s, Rob offers a wealth of mature business expertise, specialising in the following areas:
- Inspirational Executive Leadership
- Dynamic and Professional Sales Cultures
- Senior Executive Presence
- Quality Business Relationships
- Superior Team Performance
- Coaching Leaders to Coach
- Transition from Technical to Leadership Expertise
Rob has developed and shared his leadership perspectives in two successful books – The Naked Executive (Prentice-Hall 2001) and The High Wire Executive, (Penguin 2004) – which he co-authored.
He is also a sought-after keynote speaker and facilitator on subjects relating to Executive Leadership, Professional Consultative Selling and Superior Team Performance. Working with and coaching CEOs and senior executives, Rob has had a deep exposure to a wide variety of industry sectors including education, health, emergency services, banking and finance, insurance, professional services, IT and telecommunications sectors, public service, transport, mining and energy, health care, retail and fast moving consumer goods.
Rob’s corporate experience includes nine years in the IT sector with Compaq Computer Australia, where he held national sales manager, executive general manager, and ultimately company director roles. He also worked as project engineer and sales engineer for Honeywell Ltd in his early career. In 2001, he transitioned to the world of organisational development and education when he was invited to lead a specialist Executive Coaching and Mentoring firm. Rob’s observations and experience of executive life inspired him to form Executive Central in 2004, which, with the help of a dynamic team, has become the industry leader it is today.
In 2015, he co-founded the Executive Central Coaching Academy which has now formally accredited more than 200 executive coaches.
- Master of Professional Studies (Coaching Practice) degree from the University of Southern Queensland
- Honours degree in Electronic Systems Engineering from the Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate of the Global Leadership Development Program at Babson University, Boston, Massachusetts.
Rob is married to Suzanne and they have three children – Robert, Stephanie, and Ashleigh. He enjoys a very active family, sporting and social life.