Personal coaching for women in leadership roles, and who are on a path towards leadership, provides the opportunity to develop self awareness that leads to action and greater achievement. Coaching is a structured engagement that is based on an agreed development plan.
Coaching provides a confidential environment in which:
- you are supported and challenged;
- a platform on which to fine-tune strengths and explore professional challenges;
- the opportunity to communicate your vision and values;
- assistance in developing long term strategies for corporate and individual success, and
- the encouragement and affirmation needed to sustain a momentum towards your desired outcomes.
Individual coaching engagements start with a needs analysis and an agreement on objectives and desired outcomes between coachee, coach and line manager. The focus may be on performance, leadership issues or career development as appropriate.
Our experienced executive coaches tap into Executive Central’s exclusive coaching methodology and content, which is tailored to suit the individual’s and the organisation’s specific context and needs.
Coaching sessions are always confidential between the coach and coachee. Any reporting on an individual’s coaching program is only as agreed to by all parties.
OUR STRENGTHS-BASED LEADERSHIP APPROACH
The foundation of our leadership development solutions is a strengths-based model that uses a proven strengths assessment and coaching model. We use the Clifton StrengthsFinder to identify an individual’s professional strengths. Then together we use those insights to build an action plan to further enhance and capitalise on existing skills and talents in the workplace.
When people feel like they are bringing their strengths to the workplace, they are more productive, more engaged, and more successful. A focus on personal strengths provides a strong foundation for building the self-identity and confidence needed to succeed in business life.
Provides strategic emphasis on developing a deliberate career plan, looking at goals, objectives and opportunities for reaching those goals.
CAREER MAPPING AND COACHING
Sharpens presentation skills, and enables people to access their strengths and light up the room.
For women returning to the workforce after maternity leave or a career break. The focus is on goal setting, connecting with beneficial professional networks and mentors, and resilience.
WOMEN RECONNECTING WITH WORK
Develop awareness of self and others, and the capacity to manage yourself and others effectively. A vital skill for leadership.
Develop the ability to flex operating styles for situational leadership, and add motivational delegation and conflict skills to your toolkit.
Develop or refine the attributes of authentic leadership, be the CEO of your own position, and prepare for the next step in the leadership pipeline.
Understand power, networking and influencing strategies. Develop strategies and tools to communicate vision.
POWER, INFLUENCING, NETWORKING
INTER-PERSONAL AND ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION
Gain a reality check on your relationships with others, and create a climate of trust and motivation.
- Awareness and activation of personal strengths for high level performance;
- Coachees take ownership of their career development;
- Increased confidence to engage and influence people – internal and external;
- Self-awareness for an authentic leadership style;
- Awareness and use of practical and effective communication tools and techniques;
- Ability to flex operating styles for situational leadership;
- Greater strategic professional network.
- Development of a diverse leadership culture, with flow-on creativity and innovation gains;
- Development of reputational and Corporate Social Responsibility capital;
- Enhanced attraction, retention, engagement and discretionary effort;
- Strengthens female representation in the leadership pipeline;
- Healthy, engaged organisational culture with increased attraction and retention.
There are still not many women progressing through the ranks. Just one of the reasons for this lack of progress is women’s confidence and knowing when they can go for a promotion. So for the 17 most senior women in Fire & Rescue NSW, we needed to organise coaching and a networking opportunity so they could become empowered. We chose Executive Central because they had a tailored leadership program for women and had delivered the Women Leading programs in similar organisations to ours and it had a good track record for what we needed.
The guidance of Executive Central’s Jane Counsel during the development of our Opportunities for Women program has proved invaluable, as she has successfully engaged key industry sponsors and influencers and created a highly supported industry-wide program. She has proved to be a great asset to our industry and to those who will benefit from the program.
The big take away for me from the Women Leading program was the focus on ‘strengths-based leadership’, that was pretty potent. We got to explore strengths even further, recognising our strengths and how to apply them. I feel it has given me confidence as a leader – that was huge. I also loved the Career Map work. I think that 20 years ago, if someone had sat with me and talked to me about my career map, I would have taken on a leadership role much earlier.
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
GET CERTIFICATION AS AN EXECUTIVE COACH:
Ready to Talk?
Contact us to discuss any of our solutions in Leadership, Strategy, Diversity and Inclusion, Transformation or Sales.