Flexible work arrangements are critical in the contemporary business environment and will only become more important for the future of work. Technology is disrupting modern workplaces and transforming employee expectations about where and how work can be done.
Recent surveys have shown that almost three quarters of Australian workers now expect flexible working arrangements and 40 per cent will reject a role with no flexibility. Yet many organisations still struggle to implement successful flexible work policy for their employees.
In Executive Central’s experience, initiatives to promote flexible work are only successful if hiring managers have the confidence and capability to successfully implement and manage those flexible arrangements, and employees have guidelines and processes to encourage mutual accountability for success.
Executive Central’s Flex for Success program has been built leveraging first-hand experience of initiatives that have been proven successful in market-leading flexible work organisations, such as Westpac Group, as well as other private and government sector clients.
Our program is outcomes focused and has a proven track record of delivering results aligned to business priorities for organisations either transitioning to all-roles flexible work environments or wanting to increase employee engagement in flexible work.
This half-day workshop provides People Leaders with tools and insights to boost their leadership capability in managing flexible teams across the life cycle of work including:
- A deeper understanding of the business imperative for flexible workplaces in the future of work as well as an enabler of diversity and inclusion;
- An understanding of the business benefits of flexible work including research that shows that flexible workers are the most productive employees;
- An awareness of the available options for flexible work in their organisation, employer legal obligations and supporting policies, Fair Work Australia compliance guidelines as well as clarity on what Flexible work is and what it isn’t;
- An Engagement Map for leaders to map their own engagement and awareness on flexible work as well as their teams;
- The Flexibility Cycle – a basic process for designing, implementing and reviewing flexible work arrangements in their teams;
- Increased awareness of how Unconscious Bias can limit engagement in and effectiveness of flexible work arrangements;
- The behaviours and mindsets that Agile and Inclusive Leaders use to successfully lead flexible teams;
- Sharing Leading Practice – exploring successful case studies on flexible work from best practice organisations and Top Ten success factors;
- Practical embedding of the learning through workshop exercises and? an Action Plan for immediate implementation of key insights.