Returning to work after parenting leave, or an extended time out of the workforce, offers rewards and challenges. Having a child is a life-changing experience and a wonderful gift, and yet the world of work beckons. Every woman returning to work has unique motivations and context, and there are no rules for making it work. Our Women Reconnecting with Work coaching program is tailored to each woman’s personal needs and goals.
You have to manage the work-life balance in a way that works for you. Preparation does make it easier to move back into your professional life. If you gain insight into potential issues, get some good support, and build a network of women who are going through the same transitions, you can maximize the rewards and deal creatively with the challenges. Our experienced executive coaches have been through this juggling act and that’s why we’ve created Women Reconnecting with Work.
Women Reconnecting is a program that is tailored to each individual’s needs and goals to help women returning to the workforce after maternity leave or a career break. We have created a blend of individual coaching and group workshops that will help you:
- Discuss issues around work-life balance;
- Explore myths and facts about going back to work (the kids will be OK!);
- Discuss options for flexible work arrangements;
- Build a support team at work and at home;
- Explore and confirm your career direction;
- Build the confidence to make your mark.
The Women Reconnecting Program spans over a 12 month period, ideally commencing before, or as you re-enter the workforce. We design a coaching program based on consultation with you and your manager. The program includes:
- Online Clifton Strengthsfinder 2.0 inventory and report;
- Individual one hour coaching sessions, scheduled strategically;
- 12 month follow-up as requested;
- Participants receive a toolkit of relevant reading and media;
- Optional invitations to informal networking events that may help make life that little bit easier.
The Women Reconnecting program starts with an individual face-to-face coaching session. The following sessions may be in person, by video call, or by phone, as agreed.
- Receive a comprehensive StrengthsFinder report and debrief with your coach;
- Integrate your strengths feedback into a development and re-entry plan;
- Identify and re-orient yourself to challenges and opportunities back in the workplace;
- Explore possibilities for work-life balance, learning from and with others via informal networking;
- The professional support needed to return to work with confidence.
“When we started doing staff engagement surveys we were good, but we wanted to be better. That led to the leadership development we’ve done with Executive Central, and through that, all of our financial results improved over that period and our service levels improved.”
“Executive Central has added great value to my career. I find I am a far better coach to people that I supervise and to peers in terms of mentoring.Our relationship with Executive Central is a great collaboration and partnership.”
“Executive Central’s Coaching Academy is practical and it’s real. You can employ the lessons learned from day one. You don’t have to be an executive coach per se, you can be a leader within your organisation. Coaching Academy gives you tools that you can use when working with your people and be able to say to them: ‘actually, here’s something — a concept or approach — you can use in that situation’.
Ready to Talk?
Contact us to discuss any of our solutions in Leadership, Strategy, Diversity and Inclusion, Transformation or Sales.