An Executive Central consultant can apply the Human Synergistics Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI) to assess your organization’s culture. The OCI is the world’s most widely used tool for measuring organizational culture. It is based on decades of academic research and uses the latest survey technology.
The OCI can be used to deep dive into your organization’s cultural make-up. One of our experienced consultants can use the OCI to reveal what you’re really asking of your employees and how it affects their performance, motivation and job satisfaction. Ultimately, it can provide a foundation stone for achieving successful, sustainable cultural change.
The OCI has two parts:
- OCI-Current measures the behavioural norms that your employees believe are expected or implicitly required of them to succeed and ‘fit in’. This illustrates your organization’s current culture.
- OCI-Ideal complements OCI-Current by identifying your organization’s ideal culture. It measures the behaviours that your leaders and other employees believe should be expected of them for your organisation to maximise its effectiveness. This creates a picture of your organization’s ideal culture based on the shared values and beliefs of its leaders and teams. This is a benchmark to compare with the current culture to identify gaps and develop targets for change.
The data collected in the surveys is processed electronically, and a report (or reports) generated to meet your organization’s specific needs. An experienced and accredited Executive Central consultant guides organizational leaders through the findings and the steps required for successful change management.
The OCI surveys are available online and on almost any digital device, as well as in hard copy.
It is recommended that the OCI is applied in conjunction with the Organizational Effectiveness Inventory™, which our consultants can use to provide unique insights into the structures, systems, technologies and skills/qualities that affect your organization’s culture. It also integrates with the Life Styles Inventory™, and Leadership/Impact® measures to capture the links between individual, group and organizational behaviour.
The OCI will help your organization’s leaders and other employees to understand the thinking and behavioural styles that are expected of them in the way they work, interact, manage problems and adapt to change. It can start a conversation on where you are now, where you want to be and how you’re going to get there.
The OCI is particularly valuable for organizational change initiatives such as:
- measuring and assessing your current culture
- building a vision of your ideal culture
- gauging your organization’s readiness for change
- identifying and addressing the enablers of and barriers to change
- facilitating mergers, acquisitions and strategic alliances
- evaluating the impacts of change – it can be used again and again to measure progress and identify what’s working and what’s not.
LIFE STYLES INVENTORY™
The Life Styles Inventory™ (LSI) can be used during the needs analysis process of a coaching assignment. It is one of several assessment tools that can be used to determine needs.
ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE INVENTORY®
The Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI) can be used to assess your organization’s culture. The OCI is the world’s most widely used tool for measuring organizational culture.
We use the Leadership/Impact® (L/I) tool with executives and managers to provide unique insights into their personal leadership strategies.
ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS INVENTORY™
The Organizational Effectiveness Inventory™ (OEI) tool can help you develop a deeper understanding of your organization’s culture, through the perspectives of the people who live it every day.
Ready to Talk?
Contact us to discuss any of our solutions in Leadership, Strategy, Diversity and Inclusion, Transformation or Sales.