Context and Overview
Executive Central provided virtual capability-based 360-degree assessments, individual coaching debriefs, and three-way alignment meetings (coach, manager, participant) for approximately 300 leaders and managers in DCJ as part of the department’s Lead the Way program over the past 6 months. This assignment was delivered using exactly the same suite of services and tools that we outlined in this response.
Further, Executive Central has also provided extended coaching services following on from the 360-degree assessments to approximately 50 of these leaders, again utilising our Coachlive platform to deliver these services. The DCJ project involved the provision of many of the elements we believe will be usable across all organisations. These include, 360-degree assessments, debrief coaching sessions, progress reporting, cohort reporting and executive coaching.
The DCJ program also required a 3-way alignment meeting between coach, participant and participant’s direct manager to ensure alignment around the development priorities each participant would take into the Lead the Way program.
Key Challenges for the Client
- Creating self-awareness amongst leaders
- Investing in emerging leaders across a wide geographic region
- Individualised development options to support personal growth
- Exposed program cohort to best practice, contemporary team concepts in a simplified, pragmatic and practical manner, helping teams to “get the rubber hitting the road” in achieving the competencies of the capability framework and ensured quick wins were leveraged.
- Tailored the coaching program to equip each member of the cohort with skills and resources to coach their teams and unlock their full potential. This built internal capability and through the development of a bespoke digital magazine, provided a resource for ongoing learning interventions.
- Possessing the practical skills and frameworks meant leaders were far more confident in their abilities and felt more at ease about their role.
- Department with 12 divisions
- +10,000 staff
- Provide focused, fair and rapid access to justice
- Protects the rights of the people of NSW and delivers a range of essential legal, law enforcement and emergency services
- Administering courts, tribunals and alternative dispute resolution services
- Advising the NSW Government on law and justice issues, and legal reforms