Executive Central specializes in coaching executives. Our experienced coaching consultants have more than 400 years’ between them as executives in the corporate, public and non-profit sectors. Using this experience and Executive Central’s exclusive coaching methodology, we enable executives to focus on and enhance their strengths to unlock their potential.
Our coaching solutions are designed to be adaptable for senior leadership roles in every sector and industry, including government.
Coachees generate powerful insights about themselves and their situation, and are challenged and supported to apply that information in the workplace.
We help coachees decide what to do without telling them what to do — an important distinction. Our model follows a structured approach for an agreed period, ranging from 4-12 months. Comprehensive evaluation and future direction–setting processes position each coachee to continue his/her leadership development into the future.
Together we CREATE a coaching process designed specifically for the individual.
CREATE COACHING MODEL
- Determine the program objectives;
- Meet the ‘sponsor’;
- Confidentiality and ethics;
- Set and agree to expectations;
- Describe and set roles;
- Set scope;
- Rules of engagement.
- Development of priorities;
- Diagnostic tools: we access exclusive Executive Central assessment tools and powerful third-party inventories, including the Human Synergistics suite, as necessary. See our Leadership Coaching page for more information;
- Assessment of participant’s wants and needs, the manager’s/organisation’s wants and needs;
- The perspective of the participants’ direct reports and peers;
- Independent rigorous leadership assessment tools.
- Encouraging commitment to the coaching process;
- Conducted in parallel with the Review of Needs;
- Focuses on self belief and practical change in areas identified as
‘low hanging fruit’.
- Focuses on sustained application of an agreed leadership development plan;
- Integrated with the
organisation’s performance system;
- Ensures new learning and behaviours are embedded as habits for the long term.
- We look back at what we’ve learnt and forwards to how we implement that;
- Ensures coaching outcomes have been achieved (both personal and organisational);
- The coaching participant is equipped to accelerate their leadership journey;
- We ensure and no ‘dependency’ is developed by the participant in
their relationship with the coach.
- We measure program effectiveness and return on investment;
- Quant. and qual. are used to evaluate change and measure the ROI delivered by the coaching program.
INDIVIDUAL COACHING STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
Executive Central’s exclusive methodology provides best-practice tools and methods for a considered and systematic approach to leading a team or organisation.
Together we identify personal strengths using the Clifton StrengthsFinder 2.0, analyse how they can be enhanced and used in an influential leadership style. Then design a strategy to activate your strengths.
We provide professional and structured support for leaders who are new to a role, location, or organisation.
Our exclusive career mapping process and coaching helps leaders plan for their career development and promotion and execute these plans effectively to achieve their career goals.
TECHNICAL EXPERT TO PEOPLE LEADERS
Moving from a technical expert to a people leader is a challenge that our coaches have direct experience of and are skilled at coaching clients through.
Our coaching methodology and the direct C-suite experience of our coaches and consultants are used to challenge clients to gain deeper insights of their leadership style. Executives are given the tools to unlock the full potential of themselves, their people and their organisations.
Executive Central has developed a 360° Capability Assessment Tool built around our pragmatic I-WE-YOU leadership framework.
We tailor the survey to ensure all elements of individual client needs are thoroughly investigated and language is consistent. The LCAT produced detailed and powerful insights about the participant’s leadership style and effectiveness.
It surveys the perspectives of participants, their manager/s and professional observers or colleagues. This produces a detailed report of competencies across 12 components of the I-WE-YOU leadership framework.
ECOS is Executive Central’s exclusive on-line tool for measuring and assessing emotional intelligence.
A person’s level of emotional intelligence is a major determinant of his/her ability to achieve superior results with and through people they interact with.
ECOS uses a simple menu driven structure to enable users to plot their operating style and the style of other people, quickly and accurately. Users receive comprehensive information about each of the six Operating Style to help them significantly improve their self-awareness and their awareness of how others prefer to operate.
These insights greatly improve the results people can achieve by working with and through others.
ECOS can be licensed for use from Executive Central.
Our Leadership Snapshot is a lean assessment based on the LCAT.
We tailor the survey to ensure all elements of individual client needs are investigated and language is his consistent. The Leadership Snapshot produces detailed and powerful insights about the participant’s leadership style and effectiveness.
It surveys the perspectives of participants, their manager/s and professional observers or colleagues to produce a snapshot of competencies across a section of the I-WE-YOU leadership framework.
The Innovation and Effectiveness Diagnostic analyses the strengths and weaknesses of your organization and its teams through an online survey. It provides an overall score for organizational effectiveness — the Organizational Effectiveness Measure (OEM) – and from this, the degree to which your organizational culture is either helping or hindering innovation can be determined.
We have long been able to measure individual performance through 360 measures. Now the the Innovation and Effectiveness Diagnostic applies a tool backed by scientific rigour to produce that perspective and data for understanding an organization’s cultural effectiveness for innovation.
We have identified nine capacities through extensive research in the educational and business sectors. The capacities are critical for a culture of innovation and collaboration. Learn more.
All of our work with leaders is based on unlocking potential and developing your strengths. The Gallup organisation’s Clifton StrengthsFinder 2.0 is a self-assessment inventory that helps participants to identify their key strengths.
We work with you to formulate plans to mobilize your strengths for maximum effect in your organisation and in the marketplace. Participants find the strengths work to be an affirming and empowering experience.
Together we look at:
- The model: The strengths model and how it applies to you, your team and other colleagues.
- You: your own personal talents and strengths.
- Opportunities: How you can identify and maximise opportunities to develop your leadership from a strengths base.
The Life Styles Inventory™ (LSI) can be used during the needs analysis process of a coaching assignment. It is one of several assessment tools that can be used to determine needs.
The LSI is an individual 360 degree assessment tool that uses self-assessment and feedback from colleagues, to identify a client’s personal thinking and behavioural styles. It provides powerful insights into strengths and areas for development, which can enable people to start a profound journeys of personal growth.
The assessment tool is designed for executives, managers, leaders, students and people in professional and technical roles. LSI is a powerful tool that has helped millions of people to understand and change the way they think and behave.
Experienced and accredited Executive Central coaches use the Human Synergistics Leadership/Impact® (L/I) tool with executives and managers they coach to provide unique insights into their personal leadership strategies. The L/I assessment also illustrates the effect of those strategies on the behaviour and performance of others.
The L/I tool is a product of extensive leadership effectiveness research. It is used by organisations globally and has been featured in leading peer-reviewed academic journals.
An Executive Central consultant can apply the Human Synergistics Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI) to assess your organization’s culture. The OCI is the world’s most widely used tool for measuring organizational culture. It is based on decades of academic research and uses the latest survey technology.
The OCI can be used to deep dive into your organization’s cultural make-up. One of our experienced consultants can use the OCI to reveal what you’re really asking of your employees and how it affects their performance, motivation and job satisfaction. Ultimately, it can provide a foundation stone for achieving successful, sustainable cultural change.
Executive Central consultants can use the Human Synergistics Organizational Effectiveness Inventory™ (OEI) tool to help you develop a deeper understanding of your organization’s culture, through the perspectives of the people who live it every day.
The OEI is a partner tool to the Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI). It provides valid, reliable and usable data on the structures, systems, technologies and skills/qualities that affect your culture. It also provides recommendations if those components need to change in order to improve performance and long-term effectiveness at individual, group and organizational levels.
- Develop strong and confident leadership and deliver on results;
- Build self-awareness of and action on strengths and development areas;
- Examine values, beliefs and attitudes and how these impact on leadership;
- Lead and empower teams towards confident effort and achievement;
- Identify political influences in the workplace and ways to deal with them;
- Effectively manage change and enhance work-life balance.
Current best practice principles of adult learning are applied in an interactive approach to facilitated workshops. As with individual coaching, we facilitate the creation of action plans to get immediate and long-term implementation back in the workplace.
Leading teams and working in teams is integral to success in contemporary organisations. Most of us lead or participate in a range of teams at once, often with shifting, cross-functional structure and diverse personalities. Hence, we coach for agility and the ability to quickly form into a team that performs.
Our group and team coaching has a strong focus on how the team can reach a high level of performance: this is about how people work together.
TEAM AND GROUP COACHING: STRUCTURE AND CONTENT
- Strengths, learning styles, operating styles, emotional intelligence.
- This is all about what the individual brings to the team table.
- Team behaviour, decision processes, positive and negative dynamics.
- This is about how we behave constructively when together as a group.
- Trust-based inter-relationships, influencing, networking, team dysfunctions.
- This is about building trust in each other as teammates.
- Team roles and responsibilities, effective team meetings, team planning and prioritisation.
- Working efficiently and effectively as a group.
- The team project of articulating shared vision and values, rules of engagement and accountability.
- This is about committing to excellence together.
We have been partnering with the largest and most successful organisations in the corporate, public and non-profit sectors since 2004. Our partnerships deliver Executive Central’s exclusive best practice coaching methods and tools in solutions that are tailored for an organisation’s specific needs and context.
We link organisations to our diverse and experienced team of coaches and consultants who bring expertise from across sectors. Through this approach, we enable people to overcome their organisation’s biggest challenges, and realise their greatest opportunities.
Our success as business partners is evident in our history of building long-term relationships with our clients. We believe productive long-term relationships are the key to building trust and developing tailored solutions and a roadmap for success.
At the organisational level we:
- Engage and discover business needs and challenges, and people and capabilities
- Develop strategies in line with business goals
- Coach leaders to implement strategies
- Provide capabilities across five organisational pillars: leadership, strategy, transformational change, diversity and sales.
- Coach leadership at all levels of an organisation so its people have the drive and capability to take ownership and lead.
- Coach established leaders to develop a leadership pipeline of up-and-coming leaders.
- Can establish an internal coaching panel and culture.
- Positive organisational culture, with improved retention, engagement and performance;
- Enhancement of winning, high performance executive teams;
- Faster assimilation of newly appointed executives and/or newly formed executive teams;
- Improved executive and therefore staff morale;
- Improved business and financial outcomes through enhanced strategy and execution.
“When we started doing staff engagement surveys we were good, but we wanted to be better. That led to the leadership development we’ve done with Executive Central, and through that, all of our financial results improved over that period and our service levels improved.”
“Executive Central has added great value to my career. I find I am a far better coach to people that I supervise and to peers in terms of mentoring.Our relationship with Executive Central is a great collaboration and partnership.”
“Executive Central’s Coaching Academy is practical and it’s real. You can employ the lessons learned from day one. You don’t have to be an executive coach per se, you can be a leader within your organisation. Coaching Academy gives you tools that you can use when working with your people and be able to say to them: ‘actually, here’s something — a concept or approach — you can use in that situation’.
Ready to Talk?
Contact us to discuss any of our solutions in Leadership, Strategy, Diversity and Inclusion, Transformation or Sales.